I had REALLY good intentions of blogging more when we got back to the states. Really, I did. I guess I got distracted by the glare of stateside living again...buying a house, shopping for said house, getting the kids settled in their new schools, Rod getting settled into a new job. (and I discovered DirecTV. Don't judge.) So it just fell by the wayside. Again.
Fast-forward 8 months...not too many outside adventures to report. Our biggest outing has been to St Louis to pick up the Trail Blazer at the end of July. Which consisted of getting it towed 100 miles down the road after we picked it up from the port. Fun times with that car, let me tell you. For the most part the house has been our adventure...it is getting there as far as painting and decorating. Still a few walls to go and a few I want to re-do (Rod does not know about that...). This summer we will tackle the outside and do whatever landscaping our budget will allow.
The kids are doing smashingly in their schools. After having it kind of rough in Germany, T was welcomed into WHS with open arms. He joined the Cross Country team and in that gained the best coach I have ever met for any sport. This guy cares about the kids like they were his own. He makes the runner who comes in dead last, minutes behind anyone else, feel like they won the race. His grades are awesome and he is the happiest we've ever seen him. He loves it here. M has made some great friends and is equally as happy at her middle school. She discovered a love and decent aptitude for volleyball and has requested we put up a net in our backyard. Nice try, M.
For the first spring since M was 3 and T was 5, neither of them will be playing baseball/softball. T has kept up with running and will be running Distance for the Track team. M has expressed a desire to take tennis lessons. YAAAAAYYY! I will miss the ball fields, though. Guess we'll just have to make a few trips to Kansas City and watch the Royals play. (Already working on that, the Yankees are in town in May!)
So our adventures here have been a little more low-key but equally as exciting as we deal with the joys of home-ownership (yay for the dishwasher breaking and leaking all over my kitchen!) and small town living. Which brings me to....
A wrench. A big one.
Rod learned he is being promoted to Senior Master Sergeant, the 2nd highest rank he can achieve in the AF. We're super proud of him. And...whoo hooo! Pay raise! But with that comes orders. Where and when, we don't know. We can only speculate (not many options for his job) but it does no good to even start to guess. We rolled the dice when we got here, hoping to stay if this promotion happened. We lost the gamble. So in the next few months come major decsions. Rod will definitely have to leave. The kids and I, we're not so sure if we will go or stay. It would be hard to maintain 2 households, even if one is living off beer and ramen noodles. (I'm kidding. He can cook a few other things. Like spaghetti.) The kids were oh-so-NOT happy when we gave them the heads up. As in M cried herself to sleep at the thought of moving again. So major discussions to be had as a family. So many factors to take into consideration. House, family, potential new schools vs awesome schools here. We assured them that they will have equal says in the matter when the time comes. They are pretty strong kids and whatever the outcome, they will adapt and go with the flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment